TUOHY wood products are finished with a highly durable, water-based finish. This finish is designed to protect wood surfaces against common spills such as ink, perfume, nail polish, nail polish remover, food stains and beverages. As you will read below, it is important to act quickly and remove stains and spills at once.
We strongly encourage adopting a program of regular and consistent maintenance of your finely crafted wood furniture. This will preserve the elegance of your product and protect your investment for many years to come.
Regular Cleaning & Maintenance
- Regular dusting will help avoid build-up of dirt and grime that can dull the finish.
- Clean with a damp cloth and follow the grain of the wood. Water should not be used in excess amounts, nor should it ever be allowed to stand on wood surfaces.
- For more thorough cleaning and removal of oils, grime and soil buildup, use a mild detergent solution and wipe dry with a lint-free cloth.
- Avoid using cleaners containing any form of abrasives or corrosive agents.
- All cleaners, even mild ones, leave a residue that can be harmful to the surface if not thoroughly removed. This is an often overlooked part of the cleaning process; a clean, damp cloth is usually sufficient.